Thursday, December 29, 2005

no, i do not know what kwanzaa is

Okay. I need to be perfectly clear about this as not to offend, cause confusion, or get bitched out by somebody. I'm not a person who thinks alot about race. I don't think about mine, much less if i don't walk by a mirror. I love everyone. That said, STOP ASKING ME ABOUT KWANZAA!!!!

Great God Almighty!!! I may be black (and that is even disputed by black people) but I am under no obligation to observe, celebrate or even KNOW what kwanzaa is all about! I mean, i love you all, i really do. And I have no problem being your token black friend, i really don't! But STOP, PLEASE STOP, requesting my knowledge concerning this holiday.

I'm in Best Buy, and a very large pseudo tribal looking gentleman from Nigeria, I later learn, follows me around the store for almost thirty minutes! Why? you ask? Because I'm supposed to know about Kwanzaa!! arrrrragh!

So please, this is my earnest request. If you would like to know more about kwanzaa, don't ask me, google it. If that's too impersonal for you, there's a large fellow at the Best Buy in st. louis park. I'm sure he would love to help you.

No comments: