Monday, November 21, 2005

good driver + bad pedestrian = me

Monday, November 21, 2005

Okay, so this is my first blog entry and while it should be something thoughtful, rather i have chosen to reflect on my new found realization of how thoughtless i am when meandering through traffic . . .on foot.

So my car is having difficulties. Blackbilly (my blk chevy blazer who i bought from a hill billy - get it?) decided this week that he wasn't going to start up in the mornings. this of course, coincides with the first snow fall. either way, he is forcing me to now be among other things, (like an angry little girl), a bus rider (yay!) and a pedestrian (boo!).

In the course of this week (really last week) I have nearly been hit by a car thrice, narrowly missed walking into one twice, and have fallen in front of, behind or beside one at least once . . .daily. this brings me to the conclusion that driving has spoiled me. i can operate a motor vehicle, but apparently at the cost of knowing how to operate my appendages.

So, if perchance you see me this week, walking obliviously, you may just want to stop and pick me up and deposit me where i need to be. think about it. you might be saving my life.

No comments: